Thursday, December 15, 2011

My First Hour with Grand Theft Auto 3 for iOS

I never was too close to GTA 3 when I was younger. I did play it but I didn't fully enjoy it because I was screwing around in Vice City. But I do love the GTA series and for the one game that really helped bring up the open world game genre to iOS, I really had to check it out. I downloaded it when I was in class and I only got to play about the first 15 - 20 minutes of the game. Now because I never played GTA 3's story before, the cut scenes and what happens were new to me. The graphics look like a bit nicer then they do on the PlayStation 2 and for a PlayStation 2 game to be running on a device smaller than a PSP, I was extremely impressed. The one thing I was a little worried about was how would the controls be, but the controls are easy to get used to. There is an analog stick on one side of the screen to move Claude and the other half the screen has the jump button, run button, punch and when you're near a car a door icon will appear and you can steal a car. To switch weapons or change the radio station, you gotta swipe across the screen, which took a bit of getting used to but it's all good.
When I got home is when I really got into the game and I'm really digging it.
Now if Rockstar games can release Grand Theft Auto: Vice City next year for iOS, I'll be one happy camper.

Stay tuned here for a full review of Grand Theft Auto 3 for iOS soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment