Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Top 10 Video Games of 2010 (100th Post!)

Good evening and this is the first Top 10 of (Insert Year Here), now what I'm gonna do for these is very different from my usual Top 10s. I'm gunna have the number followed by the game and a little bit of a quick review next to it, it won't have a score, no. But just get ready for some surprises and if you've read every one of my blogs since I first started way back in January you will probably tell what the number one is & also thank you for reading since whenever you found this blog. Now remember, I'm only doing a Top 10 of the games I reviewed this year, so you'll see DSiWare games for sure and some 360 games I recently reviewed and because in January 2011 I'll have a review for Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare then you'll be definitely be seeing that game in the Top 10 of 2011. Now onto the Top 10!

THE TOP 10 OF 2010

10 - Photo Dojo (DSiWare) - If you were one of the people who downloaded this off of the DSi Shop when it came out for the low low price of FREE then this should be on any DSi owners Top 10 list of anything! This was original, creative & a lot of fun! But even if you didn't download this when it was free, then you can still download it for 200 Nintendo Points, That's 2 dollars! No matter what, you're going to have a lot of fun with this title and so are your friends.

9 - Pac-Man: Championship Edition (Mobile) - Even though I only played the demo for it at first, I fell in love with this game after the first play, and after getting it on my phone and seeing there's so much replayability in it and the love and care, this was the most fun I had on my phone so far this year. Even though the controls don't work all the time, it'll take time getting used to and this is definitely a buy for arcade fanatics.

8 - Dark Void Zero (DSiWare) - I love the old 8 and 16 bit games, and when I heard Capcom was releasing a game for DSiWare in the style of those old games, I knew right off the top that this would be a great game and it would also be challenging as hell. Even on the medium difficulty this game is challenging as hell, but for 500 Nintendo Points (5 dollars), this is a great throw back & love letter to the great games of yesteryear.

7 - LEGO Rock Band (DS/360) - If the song "So What" by Pink wasn't in this game, this would have been in the number 6 or 5 spot for sure, but it's addicting as hell gameplay and it's great soundtrack (except for 1 song) this is a great game for any music fan that's always on the go. I see this game for 20 bucks almost everywhere I go, including the console versions, do yourself a favor and rock the trip away with this game or rock the night away with the console version.

6 - Escapee GO! (DSiWare) - Like with Dark Void Zero, this is a 8, 16 bit love letter to the great games of yesteryear. This game has you playing as a girl who wakes up in a hospital and you just escape and it plays a lot like Pac-Man. This is only a 200 point game, and also the more you progress in the game, the more challenging it gets, I got the game when it first came out and I'm stuck on the last level, it's that hard.

5 - Globulos Party (DSiWare) - Extremely charming and cute as hell. If you love party mini games, and with so many shitty ones out there for the DS & Wii (downloadable or actual game), I don't know if you're going to think this is another shitty party game, you are wrong. There's 20 different mini games and they all play almost the same way but alot are better and there's only a few that aren't as fun but this is a 5 dollar game and if you like your games to have charm then by all means download this game.

4 - Mirror's Edge (Xbox 360) - When I first started playing Mirror's Edge, I thought it was really cool, stylish, original and I really loved how it brings you into the action and you feel like you are Faith at times and the really nicely done animated cut scenes were really cool to watch. The controls really need some getting used to but like I said in the review, you stick with it and you'll love it.

3 - Grand Theft Auto: ChinaTown Wars (DS) - I loved Grand Theft Auto 4 & Episodes from Liberty City and after playing it on the DS, it is one of the biggest DS games I've ever played, it gives you about 6 - 8 hours of gameplay, which isn't bad. A really awesome comic book style graphics and cut scenes, and one of the most Mature stories I've heard or seen in a while (excluding GTA4 & Episodes). All the mini games are fun to play, this is still a fun game to play and if you need a quick fix at stealing cars and getting drugs, this is your best bet. Remember: stay in school and don't do drugs!

2 - Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Brothers 3 (Game Boy Advance) - One of the few games I remember playing as a kid growing up, wasting away my Saturday afternoons trying to beat it. I never did beat it, but thanks to playing this re-release on the Game Boy, it's all great memories of the Saturday afternoons spent trying to beat it.

AND THE NUMBER ONE TOP 10 OF 2010 (OR MY GAME OF THE YEAR) ...

1 - Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) - If you saw this game as number one, you were right and probably scrolled down but yes, this is my number one of 2010 because it was my first 10 out of 10, perfect score game, I loved EVERY bit of this game from its graphics to its controls to its music, the music to me was one of the best parts of the game. If you own a Wii then you HAVE to own this game.

Well, that's my Top 10 of 2010, and my 100th post. Thank you for reading all of my reviews, top 10s and this Year wrap up Top 10. I can't wait to see what 2011 will throw at me. I will have my first review of 2011 up on January 2nd, which I know is a Sunday, but after that I'll put up a post of what I'll be reviewing next and every Friday evening/night, there will be a review and I'm looking into having video reviews as well. I'll definitely tell you guys what my 100th REVIEW will be when I find out, I got numbers to add up and for sure after this post is up, I'll have a list of games I got recently which will be reviewed early next year when I come back. Thank you guys so much again, I enjoyed this and I can't wait for 2011. Have a Happy & Safe Holiday and see you on January 2nd!

Have a good one,
                     Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment