Thursday, May 13, 2010

Guitar Hero: Smash Hits (Xbox 360) Review

It's more of a hit & miss.
Guitar Hero: Smash Hits promises a "good mix" from Guitar Hero 1 to Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.
The few good things I will say about this is that it's graphics aren't that bad, it looks almost like World Tour, which is a good thing because this came out after World Tour and before Guitar Hero 5. I'm looking at you Guitar Hero: Van Halen. The soundtrack is pure hit & miss. You will find songs you remember playing from one of the old Guitar Hero games but this time, it's the master recording and not a cover. For me, my first Guitar Hero was Guitar Hero 2 and I remember playing Sweet Child O' Mine & Surrender for hours. Those songs aren't in here. The songs that are in here that shouldn't be include songs like Barracuda by Heart, Cult of Personality by Living Colour, Hey You by the Exies, Monkey Wrench by Foo Fighters, No One Knows by Queens of the Stone Age, Raining Blood by Slayer, and I can go on & on, believe me. There are few songs I had a crap load of fun playing again like Mother, Cherry Pie, Them Bones, Killer Queen, I Wanna Rock, Heart Shaped Box & there are a few others. The "storyline/career" in this game is so boring that I didn't even bother to finish it because you have all the songs unlocked from the start. If this is a Guitar Hero game with the best Guitar Hero music, let us unlock the random songs from bands we didn't know before, or some more Freezepop. Give us some of the old venues, not new. I don't mind some of the new ones but it would have been nice to see what some of the venues from Guitar Hero 2 look like now. Also, why not as an unlockable bonus or cheat, let us have a choice to either play the master recording or the cover from the games. I wanted to like Smash Hits, I really did but no old venues, not all the real hits, no Ziggy Stardust. I'm giving Guitar Hero: Smash Hits a 6.5 out of 10. P.S. just plug in your old Playstation 2 and play the covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment