Sunday, March 27, 2011

Namco Museum: Battle Collection (PSP) Review

Retro to go

Namco Museum: Battle Collection for the PSP is a good game but after coming off of Namco Museum for the 360, this feels a little light to me. This is satisfying. You get about 20 arcade games & 4 "arrangement" games, which is pretty much a classic game with a few updates here & there, mostly in the graphics, the gameplay is still true to the original game though. The 4 arrangement games you get are Pac-Man Arrangement, Galaga Arrangement, New Rally-X Arrangement & Dig Dug Arrangement. I didn't mind the arrangements, but I did however love playing New Rally-X Arrangement, I think it was probably my favourite out of the 4 arrangement games there. Now with the actual arcade games, there's Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Tower of Druaga, Mappy. I played almost all of these games, I surprisingly enjoyed Dragon Buster but it did have its problems but I did enjoy myself. I always enjoy playing these old Namco games, they're a treat for me. The only game I didn't enjoy because I can't stand it is Rolling Thunder, it's just my least favourite of the Namco games. There is 1 - 4 multiplayer but I didn't get a chance to play it. The menu did feel a bit light, like I wish they did a little more with the menus and after since I came off of Namco Museum for the 360, this package here feels light, there's no Championship Edition and where's Sky Kid? Sky Kid is one of my favourites and also after coming off of Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (Review for that one soon, look out for that), going back to the original Pac-Man & it's arrangement is fun and all but I honest to God just want to play Championship Edition DX on the go now. Battle Collection is a good collection, except for Rolling Thunder, and after coming off of the 360 Namco Museum and Championship Edition DX, I think Namco has to up their Museum game. Namco Museum: Battle Collection for the PSP is getting a 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment