Monday, June 13, 2011

Star Wars Trilogy: Apprentice of the Force (GBA) Review

May the force be portable.

I remember watching the original trilogy when I was younger. I loved the sci-fi around it, it really entertained me and I always thought Darth Vader was the greatest villain of all time. Fast forward a couple years and one of the last GBA games I got was Star Wars Trilogy: Apprentice of the Force, which is all 3 original movies, A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. What I love about it is it is TRUE to the movies, line for line, scene by scene, opening sequence of floating word by floating word, and the music isn't that bad either. Since this is a side scroller (it's a gba game) you can move left and right and you can also jump, attack, and use jedi force powers which is pretty cool. The story is told through still blue with photos from Luke's perspective and the more talking parts are done with the characters in-game. A few of the things I did hate were the random enemies, like when you're playing through the Endor levels, which for some reason feel like they never end, you are fighting bees and dogs. Why am I fighting dogs & bees and what does this have to do with Return of the Jedi, or Star Wars in general? Another thing is most of the levels feel like they never end, or they are a giant maze. Why is that? Just make it a simple go from one side to the other until you get to the end of the level. Not go in a door WHICH BLENDS IN WITH THE BACKGROUND!!! But with those flaws, I did have fun with Star Wars Trilogy. The force is decent in this one. Star Wars Trilogy: Apprentice of the Force is getting a 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment