Tuesday, June 14, 2011

NHL 07 (PSP) & NHL 11 (360) Reviews!

2 hockey games, who will come out with the cup?


NHL 07 isn't that bad for a portable hockey game. It plays alot faster then NHL 11 & that's most likely cause it's a portable game. I got used to the controls very quickly and that's because they show them to you during the loading screen (which is a great idea!). Even though the graphics are PlayStation 2ish, that didn't bother me and I didn't have many problems with NHL 07 because this is the portable hockey game I wanted. NHL licensed, portable, awesome. I think the only problem I had with it is that this is 07. Not the new roster of players like there's no Luke Caputi or Reimer on the Leafs. I would hope that EA Sports starts up in making hockey games for PSP (or now, Vita) cause I would really like to have a Vancouver vs Boston battle for the cup game on the go. NHL 07 is getting a 9 out of 10.


Now as for NHL 11, I love it. The game looks beautiful. The few problems I have with NHL 11 is that there a few glitches that happen here and there, like when Luongo has the puck, he'll like shoot it from his glove and it'll go all the way to the other side of the rink. I call this "The Luongo Power Shot" The main thing I always play in NHL 11, other then quick play, is Battle for the Cup, which is a mode where you can do it in one game or 7 and you do like Vancouver and battle for the cup. I played the online once and it is fun, but I'm more of the "just get the puck and shoot at the net every chance you get" type of player. I did love the hits, they look like a hit from a real game. After seeing how EA sports is upping their game from NHL 11 to 12, I'm very excited for 12 but til then NHL 11 is getting a 9 out of 10.


It's aboot time the leafs won a cup, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment