Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ape Escape: On The Loose (PSP) Review

Is the PS1 classic still good many years later on the go?

Ape Escape is another game I used to play when I was a kid. I remember a lot of these levels and playing it again all these years later was pure nostalgia for me and I loved almost every bit of it. Ape Escape hasn't changed much, the graphics look exactly the same, the audio, the controls are different, what this being on PSP and all but I got used to the controls in less then 10 minutes and by the time I was on the second level, I felt young again. A few problems I had with Ape Escape here (I didn't have problems when I was younger, I thought the game on PS1 was perfect.) was the camera, wasn't always behind Spike (the main character), whenever I would jump or fall, the camera just felt like it was going all over the place. Another thing is the difficulty, because this is a platformer, the camera is also difficult to manage when you jump and you can't tell if you need to go further or not when making a difficult jump. Wait until the last few levels of the game, then you'll see what I mean. Like I said earlier, audio is still the same and I still love it. The only part I found annoying was the cutscenes with the professor and the girl, they got a bit annoying. But other then that, I finally beat Ape Escape as well. I never beat it as a kid, I only got to the TV tower level or Specter-Land, I'm not really sure but either way I beat it in 2011 on the PSP. Well, with the problems I had here & there with Ape Escape, I did enjoy playing it again all these years later and Ape Escape: On the Loose for the PSP is getting a 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment