Sunday, January 30, 2011

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (Xbox 360) Review

Holy Spiders!

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions is the first Spider-Man game, in a LONG time to not do the free roam around New York, instead it's more you do the story, level by level in little areas. Shattered Dimensions reminded me so much of the Spider-Man game on PS1 and that STILL is a good game, which I think deserves a remake. Now, I would say Beenox did their homework and is true to the source material, it is, but half of the villians in their own dimension are first seen in the game, a few examples are the Noir version of Hammerhead or the 2099 version of Hobgoblin. There's 14 or 15 levels, and each level has its own boss and then the final boss battle with Mysterio. The graphics are a treat to look at, from 2099's flashy-ness to a dark Noir. The game in all, looks great. I loved almost every bit of the game, from the voice work to the story but the one problem I had a few times was the game is too glitchy, like in the last boss battle with Mysterio, the platform underneath me disappeared and I died. If the game was in development for a little while longer I think the glitches wouldn't have been there, but other then the glitches this game is a perfect nerd treat to any Spidey fan or true believer. Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions is getting an 8.5 out of 10. Excelsior!

No comments:

Post a Comment