Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Beatles RockBand (360) Review

The Digital Fab Four.

The Beatles RockBand was my very first review (for my school's newspaper) and going through my games I thought I already reviewed it on here but I didn't so I am now. The Beatles RockBand is Harmonix's 1.5 attempt at a band specific title (The first half being AC/DC) and where AC/DC is meh, this game has so much love & care put in it. Compare the Guitar Hero games (excluding Metallica) from 2009 and compare them to this. The graphics are the best part of this game, instead of the band playing in a bar or station, there are dreamscapes. The dreamscape for I am the Walrus is like a free LSD trip, the sad grey colour in While My Guitar Gently Weeps is so beautiful that George Harrison would be proud! The game is the easiest music game I've played though, there were only maybe like 2 or 3 songs that were challenging but you can beat the game in a day, since there's an achievement for it. Like the other Rock Band titles, there is downloadable content but there's only 3 albums and 1 song. In total the game, has 45 songs, having 45 songs in a game based on a good band isn't enough, there should be like 55 - 60 songs and then they stopped putting downloadable content for the game because not enough people were buying it. So when you buy this game for 20 bucks you're getting nothing but the Beatles music and all together DLC and in game setlist, there's somewhere around 70 songs. Even though you're getting 45 to start with. I did enjoy myself playing this and hopefully you do too if you haven't played it yet or heard a song from them either. The Beatles Rock Band is getting an 9.0 out of 10. (That's the score I gave it the first time around)

No comments:

Post a Comment