Monday, July 12, 2010

Namco Museum DS (DS) Review

An Arcade Buff Heaven!
Namco Museum is a collection of Namco games on one disc, cartridge, what have you and Namco have been doing the Namco Museum since the PlayStation One (yes, there was a PlayStation One) back in 1995! Fast forward about 12 years and BAM! Namco Museum DS is released upon the world and it's awesome. In this collection you get Pac-Man, Dig Dug 2, Mappy, The Tower of Druaga, Galaga, Galaxian & Xevious. Plus the old versions of Dig Dug 2 & Super Xevious are available as unlockables. For multiplayer, this is where the game is worth it, there is a Pac-Man Vs. which is where one player is Pac-Man and four or five (I'm not really sure) play as the ghosts, as Pac-Man, that player gets to see an 8-bit full of colour map (there are 4 or 5 of them). The players that are ghosts must look at the top screen for action, find Pac-Man, kill him and they become Pac-Man. This was a crap load of fun when I was playing it with the one or two friends I have with a DS. This would be so much better on Wi-Fi and feels like Namco screwed up here. But in the end, you get a jukebox mode and is possibly one of the most useless things I've ever seen in a game. That's Namco Museum and how it plays on the DS. If you love your arcade classic games like I do, you'll love this and you'll want to find friends so Pac-Man Vs. can be played. Did I mention single-cartridge multiplayer & the price of this game is around $17 to $20! I wanna love this game but there's not enough games but the ones in here are classics I really enjoy. If there were MORE games in say ... a sequel to this and there was Wi-Fi for Pac-Man Vs. and there was no jukebox mode, than that might be DS Game of the Year for me. But until then, I got Namco Museum DS and I'm giving it a 8.0 out of 10.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment