Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Brutal Legend (Xbox 360) Review

It's a long way to metal.
Brutal Legend is possibly one the most awesome games ever thought up by anyone. It blends together game genres like action/adventure, real-time strategy, rhythm. The real reason why anyone should get this game is for it's audio & story. This games audio is just about perfect. When you're doing a mission, there is a song playing and it fits perfectly with what's going on. Or if you're driving around you could just play what's on the in-game radio. The better part of the audio is the voice work, not only is Jack Black funny and entertaining in the game, the rest of the characters are entertaining and the voice work is just about perfect. The story starts out at a concert for a band that Eddie Riggs, the character you play, and it all goes to hell when Eddie's blood is leaked onto his belt buckle and this hellish looking creature takes him to the heavy metal world. The opening I think is the best opening to any game. I really liked the games graphics, they're awesome and while playing some of the story missions, I swear I've heard a story like this before, but near the end there were turns I didn't see coming. But yes, if you haven't played this awesome mix of humour, amazing audio & a good mixture of gameplay from 2009, what are you waiting for? This game is INCREDIBLE!!! I'm giving this headbangin' good time a 9.5 out of 10. The only problem I think I really had with this game was it got a little challenging near the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment