Thursday, April 7, 2011

Super Meat Boy (Xbox Live Arcade) Review

Oh, there's a lot of meat to go around.

Super Meat Boy is possibly one of THE hardest games I have ever played. I've played alot of portable & console games but Super Meat Boy takes the cake for being the most challenging game ever. But I didn't stay mad at it because of it's INCREDIBLE music and great graphics. Now, one of the best parts I loved about Super Meat Boy was all the homages to classic games, like one warp zone was done like you were playing SMB on a original Game Boy. I loved all the classic game nods & homages but I think the best part, and I already said it was INCREDIBLE. The music is great! The Lil Slugger Theme is great! It's my favourite theme out of the rest of the game's music. "teh internets" levels feel like they are impossible though, I only got past 2 or 3 of them. With the unlockables, I unlocked 3 or 4 characters and all of them feel different and that's a good thing.
The controls are easy to learn, it's just A to jump and you move left & right. It's that easy. But it's all the needles or salt (which kinda looks like a certain drug) or the flying ... I don't know what they're called but they are flying heads and they kept killing me. Over. and over. and over. again.
You can clearly see this game has alot of love & care in it and it's the game's charm that made me come back to beat a few more levels before giving up again. Super Meat Boy, I still haven't beaten you but one day, I will and I will NEVER even begin to try to get the 100% achievement. That's just crazy. Super Meat Boy, to me you're an 8.5 out of 10. Great game!

No comments:

Post a Comment